COPYRIGHT VIOLATIONS – DMCA TAKEDOWN POLICY
It is our policy to honor all takedown requests that comply with the requirements of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), 17 U.S.C. and other applicable intellectual property laws.
Before proceeding please understand that should you knowingly materially misrepresent that a product or activity is infringing your copyrights, you may be held liable for damages. In a recent case, a company was held liable for over $100,000 for seeking removal of content that was protected by the fair use doctrine. The details can be found at http://www.onlinepolicy.org/action/legpolicy/opg_v_diebold/.
How to File a DMCA Takedown Notice
To file a takedown notice please place it in the body of a text email, do not send attachments, & send one copy only to [email protected]
You are required to include the following items:
1. Identify yourself as either:
a: The owner of a copyrighted work(s), or
b: A person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
2. State your contact information, including your real name, street address, telephone number, and email address.
3. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of all such works.
4. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material. Please provide us with at minimum a URL to each work that is claimed to be infringing. Note: Providing us with search terms such as “Artist A” or “Song B” will not be considered reasonably sufficient for us to locate the alleged infringing work. There may be 100 versions of “Song B”, and you may only have the rights to request a takedown for one of those versions.
5. Statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
7. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
How to File a DMCA Counter Notification
If you are the rights holder of works that you believe have been wrongly disabled, please email the details to [email protected] & we will investigate as soon as we can, if your claim is correct we will assist you as much as we can, we want to restore your work as soon as possible.
We WILL reply within 48 hours max, usually much sooner, please be sure to check your spam folder as many providers are sending our emails straight to spam.
AlbDJ.Com shall not be liable in any way for use of third party trademarks used or posted on the AlbDJ site by AlbDJ users. If you believe your trademarks are being infringed, it is your responsibility to contact the user directly to resolve the dispute. Do not use the Designated Agent information above for any purpose except to report alleged copyright violations as set forth under the Copyright Policy above.
PLEASE NOTE: THE INFORMATION WE PRESENT HERE IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE